Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quick Tip: Handy Tripod Adjustment Technique

Here's a quick tip for you regarding tripod adjustment. When I bought the Induro CT314 tripod I knew it would extend to a height taller than eye level for me. I've been trying to figure out a way to quickly adjust the tripod to my working height when setting it up. I realize each time you use it you may have to do some tweaking here and there but I was trying to figure out a quick way to get to a basic starting point. I had considered adjusting it and then paintiing a stripe around the tripod legs but decided against that because it just seems wrong to cover up those beautiful carbon fiber legs :). After trying all kinds of different ideas: width of camera body, length of lens, length of a dollar bill, etc I finally came up with something that works and I'll never forget to bring 'em.

Handy Tripod Adjustment
Click Image to View Larger
That's right my hands are what I use to get the base tripod settings. What I do is fully extend the bottom and middle legs and then extend the top leg the width of my two hands. This gives me nice starting point for setting up the tripod. From here I can easly adjust each leg up or down as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment