Sunday, June 27, 2010

Multiple Bluebird Images Merged

I've always liked those images where you see several shots merged into one. I've been taking multiple shots of the Bluebird that's nesting in our backyard and finally figured out how to merge them in Photoshop. If you had any idea how bad I suck at Photoshop this is a major accomplishment for me.
Three Shots Merged Into One

Two Shots Merged Into One

Three Shots Merged Into One

I need to work on my technique a bit. Instead of having the birdhouse centered in the frame I should move it over to the right so I can capture more of the Bluebird's approach to the birdhouse.

3 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I think I like the second one best, just because of the great angles that let you see most of his front/face.

    I would never have thought of merging bird shots like this - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brent. I got the idea after seeing some other examples of composite images. Fortunately that blog post had a link to a tutorial for Photoshop. I am SO lost when it comes to Photoshop it's not even funny. I can't wait until Kelby Training allows you to download the classes to your iPad. That will allow me to watch in iPad and test images on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shots are awesome! Love how you merged them!

    ReplyDelete