Friday, January 20, 2012

Amazon Kindle Fire

Lately Donna and I have been spending a good amount of time reading eBooks instead of print books. I'm the kind of person that will read the same book more than once. Donna isn't so for print books really are a waste of money and space not to mention trees. We've been reading mostly on the iPad which has worked well. The only problem is we only have one iPad and try as I might I couldn't talk her into a 2nd one :). For her birthday and after having spent a little time trying out our daughter, Steffanie's, Nook eBook reader I talked her into getting a Kindle Fire for her birthday. We chose the Kindle Fire over a Nook because our local library allows you to check out books on the Kindle and not a Nook plus Donna has an Amazon Prime membership so we are able to stream movies, etc for free so the Kindle just made sense so that's what we bought. When we upgraded her phone to an iPhone she also wanted to get a protective screen cover for it so we got the ZAGG covers installed on both our phones and they are really nice. They're expensive but so far I have been extremely pleased with the screen protector.

So far we like the Kindle quite a bit. I've actually used it more than she has. Some how she seems to have taken possession of the iPad and I'm using the Kindle. Oh well so be it. The Kindle is obviously smaller than the iPad and I've been taking it with me to work. When I eat lunch I'll open the Kindle and read while I eat.

So far I've only read the book "Bridges of Madison County" on it. I decided I wanted to read the book after watching the movie for the 2nd time recently. I'm glad I finished reading it on a day when most of my co-workers where out of the office because by the time I finished it I'm sure my eyes were bloodshot from the tears. What a wonderful love story.

I'm currently working my way through Laurie Excell's "Wildlife Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots". I've only read the first few chapters and so far most of it has been a review of stuff I've read elsewhere. Once I finish it completely I'll update this post with a more in-depth review.

Queued up after the wildlife book is Laurie Excell's "Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots". I'll write up a review on it after I've read it.

I've gotta say I'm a big fan of eBooks that I've spent some time reading them. It's really nice being able to carry around several books and being able to pick and choose which one I want to read depending on my mood at the time.

So how about you? Do you have an eBook reader? If so which one? If not are you considering one?

Below are product links on Amazon for the items mentioned in this post. If you click on the link and buy one of the items I'll earn a small commission. Eventually I'll earn enough to buy another eBook or two :).

No comments:

Post a Comment