Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How Many Photos Have You Taken?

For some reason I decided to figure out how many photos I've taken since I got back into photography in 2007. Fortunately Lightroom makes finding this information out a breeze. I used Lightroom to create smart collections for each calendar year 2007 - 2012. The chart below I created in Excel and I'm pretty surprised at the results. Seems every other year I shoot a lot of photos. Assuming that trend holds 2012 should be a busy year taking photos :). Actually I think one of the reasons why the count is lower for 2011 is I have spent more time culling out images that aren't worth keeping. I really should go back through the images and cull out more. I can't remember when the last time was I looked at a photo from the 2007 time frame was. While I was at it I decided to see how well I have done with adding keywords to the photos. As you can see from the 2nd series in the chart I've done relatively well. I think it's pretty amazing that I have keywords for all 18000+ photos from 2007. I guess the next thing I'll do is go through the photos that don't have keywords and assign them. So how about you? Anyone else have any statistics on how many photos you've taken over the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment