Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An Introduction

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I plan to use this blog to pass along bits of knowledge I've picked up since rediscovering photography after taking a few years away from it. I've was a pretty active photographer while stationed in Iceland way back in the 80's. Over time the camera ended up sitting on the shelf. As luck would have it I had an opportunity to travel to Tel Aviv, Israel for work and took along a Canon S3 IS camera. While there I took a bunch of photos and started getting the photography bug again. When I found out I would be making a second trip back to Israel I knew I wanted to take a better camera. Having shot Canon's in the past I settled on the Rebel XT (the guy at Best Buy said the XTi was a little too advanced for me -- I shouldn't have listened, but I digress). I went back to Israel with the XT and took a ton of pictures. By the time I returned I was totally hooked and I've been hooked ever since.

My current camera line up includes the following equipment:

Canon 40D
Canon 5D
Canon PowerShot D10 (Newest purchase and we're digging it!)
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L (My most used lens)
Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L
Canon EF 17-40 f/4L
Canon 580 EX II

I have other stuff such as a tripod, remote shutter release, Monopod, etc and I'll write about those in a future post.

Again, thanks for stopping by and I hope you learn a thing or two along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment